January 15, 2012

Romance....Rustic....and Sexy.


I took a few glass votives
from Joann Fabrics ($1.99 each)
and 1 jar that had dip in it
which I cleaned out and removed the label from.

I turned them into unique candle holders.

~ROMANCE~
For the ROMANCE candle holder I bought a spool of lace with ribbon.
I used hot glue on the ribbon part and glued it to the glass votive.
I popped in a battery candle, but any candle will work. I just like the battery candles because they flicker like the real thing, but last forever, just replace the battery as needed. 

~RUSTIC~
For the RUSTIC candle holder I cleaned out a glass container from my fridge that had dip in it. I soaked it in hot soapy water to remove the label and dried it off. I bought a spool of twine and simply put a vertical line of hot glue down one side of the bottle, from top to bottom. I wrapped the twine around the bottle and the glue on the one side secured it to the jar.


   ~SEXY~

For the SEXY candle I again bought a glass votive for just $1.99 from Joann Fabrics. I got a spool of sexy black lace ribbon. Cut it to size to fit around the bottle and used SPRAY ADHESIVE to secure it all the way around. Simple...and sexy. ;)

The project isn't done yet. What I'm adding to them next is cloth buttons down the seam. It will give them the appearance of the back of a wedding dress, or bustier! I'll post pics when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment